Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A City With Pride, and a team with none!



For the rest of my life I will always remember Thursday December 2, 2010. Not because the once self proclaimed King of Ohio came to his former “THROWN”, and literally destroyed the Cleveland Cavaliers in every conceivable way, other than castrating Daniel Gilbert in the middle of the court and moving the team to Pittsburgh. It did not bother me that the Miami Heat won the game (lets remember that all of America counted them out, so what did they have to lose?). My problem is in the way the Cavaliers lost this game.
(Now I know this is 19 days later, but the fire started again when the Cavaliers arrived here in Houston. Now, I am going to keep this in chronological order so let me go back to December 2nd. )

The game starts off and I’m PUMPED. I mean I am running around like a maniac at the start of this game. J.J Hickson is dunking the ball furiously, buckets are being scored, and Chris Bosh is making the face Forest Gump made when he found out what HIV/AIDS was and Jenny had it. Then, HELL LET LOOOOOOOOSSSSSSEEEEEEEE! Even though this game was really bad for my team I continued to watch. Well I watched until I “WITNESSED” one thing, and that one thing was LeBron James joking with the Cavaliers bench. Now, I know I swear a lot but I don’t think any human has ever, and I mean ever strung together the number of F-bombs I unleashed. For instance if I were on T.V this is what one would have heard; BEEP BEEP BEEP THIS BEEP WHAT ARE THE BEEP CAVALIERS BEEP DOING THEY ARE BEEP PLAYING LIKE A BEEP OF BEEP BEEP THIS BEEP LeBron James BEEP HIM AND THE BEEP MIAMI BEEP HEAT AND CHRIS BOSH IS BEEP. The reason I was so mad is HOW CAN YOU BE FRIENDLY TO A GUY WHO BASICALLY SAID SCREW YOU GUYS YOU BUNCH OF BUMS I CAN’T WIN WITH YOU ALL BECAUSE YOU ALL DON’T DO ANYTHING FOR ME. But no, every Cavalier except for Mo Williams truly looked like they missed this guy. I JUST DO NOT SEE HOW YOU COULD FEEL LIKE THAT, AND YOU HAVE A WHOLE CITY RIDING BEHIND YOU.
There were points during the game when the Cavs look disinterested, like they needed to be somewhere else. They began to move in slow motion, like they had just eaten an assortment of corn beef sandwiches from Slyman’s or Superior Deli. It truly hurt my heart to see them laughing and playing in such a matter. But after a week or so, I finally came to peace with what I had witnessed that night. But, the peace was disrupted once again on November 10th when I ran into the some Cavaliers players here in Houston. The players I remember seeing were Mo, J.J, and I believe it was Ryan Hollins ( he disappears so much and is such a waste of space, I have no clue what the guy looks like). These guys were out partying and clubbing in Houston, and the next day get blown out. I mean the Houston Rockets (who are struggling) ran them out of the Toyota Center like a Camry with a failed gas pedal (okay last metaphor I will use) but you get my point.
This team is so asinine and oblivious that it is insane. I know we don’t have much talent, but damn should we be this bad? They all need a gut check and realize what they are doing for a living. If I wake up tomorrow and give half effort for the next 3 weeks at my job, I may be looking for a new profession. I just truly hope that these guys get some initiative, and realize they have a whole city riding on their back.

No comments:

Post a Comment